Call for Papers
The 12th Annual Conference of the EASP
July 30-31, 2015
Social Policy and Governance in East Asia
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy,
National University of Singapore (NUS)
East Asian Social Policy research network (EASP) conferences seek to enhance research on social policies in Asia and to provide a forum for exchange of ideas among researchers working on the region.
The 12th EASP International Annual Conference will be held at the National University of Singapore (NUS) on July 30-31, 2015 on the theme of ‘Social Policy and Governance in East Asia’.
While Governance has recently attracted widespread attention in social policy studies, it remains largely a blind spot. To bridge the gap, the conference will focus on the governance?of social policies by the state and non-state actors and institution at the local, national, and international levels. The proposed governance perspective includes attention not only to various key actors and institutions in the social policy but also to multiple sets of relationships among them.
The conference particularly, but not exclusively, invites papers addressing the following questions:
- How social policies are made and implemented?
- Who makes and implements social policies?
- How are the social policy actors and institutions related to each other?
- What are the ideational, social, political, and economic conditions that affect social policy?
- How can the social policy processes and institutions and the resulting outcomes be improved?
On all aspects of social policy in East Asia, in addition to the theme of governance, are invited.
The conference comprises the following streams:
- Stream 1: Welfare state, Welfare regimes and Governance
- Stream 2: Migration and diversity
- Stream 3: Family and care
- Stream 4: Health and Well-being
- Stream 5: Housing
- Stream 6: Education
- Stream 7: Ageing society and the elderly
- Stream 8: Labour Markets and Inequality
- Stream 9: Urbanization and changing welfare needs
- Stream 10: Social Protection and Income Maintenance
- Stream 11: Economic & Environmental Sustainability
EASP encourages proposals for panels addressing vital issues in social policy. Proposals for panels should include: the title and objective of the panel (250-300 words), the details of panel organizer(s) and all participating members, along with abstracts of at least three papers.
Please submit a 250-300 word abstract or a panel proposal to the EASP at email@example.com. Proposals should include: Stream number, Title of paper; Author name(s); Institution; and Email address.
- Submission of Proposal: 28 February, 2015
- Notification of applicants: 15 March, 2015
- No Registration Fee for this conference (Registration fee will be fully sponsored by NUS)
High quality abstracts will be considered for travel grants covering registration fees, hotel accommodation and airfare (economy class, to the maximum of USD 1,000) on a competitive basis. The travel grant is sponsored by the Lee Kuan School of Public Policy.
The list of key notes speakers are to be confirmed soon. If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, NUS
- East Asian Social Policy Research Network