Preparing your Zoom application
- You can join a Zoom meeting with your iPhones, iPads, Androids, PC or Mac. You are recommended to use headsets/headphones for enhancing the listening experience.
- Before attending the Zoom sessions, please be advised to download and install the necessary tools beforehand:
- For web browser: https://zoom.com/download. This will open the download page of Zoom. (You may try: https://zoom.com.cn/download if you are in Mainland China).
- For Mobile phones, iPads & Android, locate and install the ZOOM Cloud Meetings app from App Store or Play Store.
- For PC and Mac, download and install the Zoom Client for Meetings.
Attending the Conference
- You should have received an invitation from the host with a Zoom Meeting ID, e.g. 915 0000 2470
- Start the installed Zoom Client programme on your PC, Mac, Apple iPad/iPhone or Android.
- Click on the Join the meeting button. The system will prompt you to type in the Meeting ID.
- Type in the Zoom Meeting ID and Passcode as provided, and continue.
- At this stage, you may be asked to input your name. Please make sure to use a meaningful display name for the host to identify all the participants (Your Full Name & University Name/Organization Name).
- The system will proceed by joining the specific meeting.
- Please do not share or publish the Meeting ID and URL with any outsiders.
- We recommend you to connect to the Zoom meeting 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- When doing so, you may see a notice that states, “Waiting for the host to start this meeting”.
- Please keep your microphone on mute when you enter the session.
- If there is excessive audio coming from your device, the host may mute your device to ensure there are no disruptions.
17th EASP & 27th FISS: How to join the conference online(conference book)