Call for Papers
The 14th East Asian Social Policy Research Network Annual Conference
East Asian Social Policy in a Changing Environment: Comparisons, Visions and Futures
2-3 August 2017
Nagoya University, Japan
Social policy in East Asia is developed and reformed in an increasingly challenging environment. The ‘environment’ here is not confined to natural environments but includes the social, economic, political and demographic contexts. The 2017 conference will examine social policy issues in the wider structural challenges and consider visions for the future in the region. We encourage both theoretical and empirical papers. Comparative perspectives relating to social policy issues within and across the regions are particularly welcome. We also invite papers by postgraduate students and early-career researchers as well as established scholars working in the fields of social policy on East Asia.
Keynote speakers including:
- Dr Sarah Cook, Director, Office of Research-Innocenti, UNICEF
- Professor Yoshinori Hiroi, Kyoto University
- Professor Emiko Ochiai, Kyoto University
- Professor Shih-Jiun Shi, National Taiwan University
The conference comprises the following streams as well as any other aspects of social policy in East Asia (open stream):
- Stream 1: Welfare States and Welfare Regimes
- Stream 2: Governance, Democracy and Participation
- Stream 3: Migration, Citizenship and Diversity
- Stream 4: Family and Care
- Stream 5: Health and Well-being
- Stream 6: Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Stream 7: Education
- Stream 8: Ageing and the Life Course
- Stream 9: Labour Markets and Inequality
- Stream 10: Housing and Urbanization
- Stream 11: Social Protection
- Stream 12: Economic and Environmental Sustainability
- Stream 13: Open Topic
Those wishing to present a paper in the conference should submit a 250 word abstract to the EASP EASP2017@hotmail.com by 12 March 2017. Information enclosed with your abstract should include: stream number, title of paper; author name(s); institution; and email address.
We also welcome panel proposals which address vital and relevant issues in relation to this year’s theme. Those wishing to organize a panel should submit a panel proposal which includes the title and objective of the panel (250 words), the details of panel organizer(s) and all participating members, along with abstracts of three or four papers.
- Submission of paper abstract: 12 March 2017
- Notification of applicants: 31 March 2017
- Early booking and registration starts from 1 April 2017 (the details to be announced shortly)
- The standard conference feeswill be 10,000 yen; and 2,000 yen for graduate students who present a paper.
- The registration will be open in early April (the details will be available on the EASP website). We request participants to register with the payment via PayPal by 30 June 2017 to be included in the programme.
If you have any queries, please contact EASP at EASP2017@hotmail.com.
EASP is a regional association for facilitating research exchange among social policy analysts and providing a forum and network of communication for the development of social policy in East Asia and beyond. For further detail, please visit http://welfareasia.org